[Note this isn’t about me, the blog author, this is about Gio, a character in a novel I’m writing who I previously wrote about for another daily prompt here]
I guess other people view me in one of 3 ways. Either they think I’m a freak who they want to belittle, or I’m a celebrity they want to rub shoulders with, or I’m just another guy like one of them. The thing that makes them view me like that has very little to do with my life or who I really am, it’s all down to the fact that I’m a special and I have an ability.
Other specials just see me as plain old Gio…as odd as the next guy. But people without abilities either hold us up or want to smash us down. I guess that’s the way it’s going to be for a while until everyone uncovers a special in their family tree.
So here’s 6 things that people looking in from the outside probably don’t realise:
- My ability to ‘see’ smells is a blessing and a curse. It means that smells are twice as strong for me as the rest of you. Too much even of a good thing can make you feel queasy.
- Smells I end up liking tend to be greenish in colour while smells I dislike appear more of a redish brown.
- All smells are a mixture of colours…a bit like a tie-dye shirt.
- I don’t want to take over the world. People always assume that specials want to get together so they can take over. Half the specials in your street don’t even want you to know about their abilities let alone use them to enslave you. In any case have you ever met a special with an ability that was actually useful?!
- My real name is Glenn.
- I have webbed toes (not really :p )